Welcome to the 2020-2021 Academic Year!
August 26, 2020
Good Afternoon Rossview Families,
This is Julie Hallums, your school principal. I hope you and your family are well and excited for our new school year. This year has been unique in many ways. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic we were not able to welcome parents and students in our traditional way. However, we have created an information page that will help orient you to our school and our wonderful staff.
Please see below for videos and important informational documents.
A few other reminders:
- Today and tomorrow, both traditional and virtual teachers will be reaching out to the parents/students of their homeroom classes.
- On the first day of school, all traditional 6th graders will go directly to the gym. They will hold a have a brief welcome assembly, then be called to advisory class with their teachers. They will spend the remainder of the half day in the advisory class engaging in a variety of JumpStart like activities to get to know each other and more about 6th grade. The second day of school is also a half day, and students will go through their schedule rotation at that time.
- 7th and 8th grade students will also stay in their homeroom classes for the first day and rotate on the 2nd half day.
- At this time, parents and students have access to PowerSchool, where schedules and homerooms can be found.
- For our traditional students, you may bring a reusable water bottle each day. The water fountains are closed off due to safety purposes.
In the coming weeks you will be getting more messages with information you need, so be sure to check out School Messenger notices, our Rossview webpage and our Rossview Middle Facebook page.
We are very excited to welcome all of our students soon and we will see you soon!